With not more than just about three months left for the UPSC Prelims 2016 (7th August) to begin, it’s probably your final chance to gear up and give a kick start to the preparations for this challenging exam.
The Union Public Service Commission conducts examinations every year in three phases (Prelims, Mains and Interviews) for recruitment to highly alluring and respectable posts like IAS, IPS, IFS, IFoS, IRS and various others. Not only the salaries of these future civil servants are highly attractive, but the prestige and the novelty is what drives more than 7 lakh candidates each year to appear in this examination. Looking at the plus points and the responsible role of a civil servant, the standard of UPSC examinations are kept very high, which makes it one of the most difficult exams to crack, around the globe.
However, if you avoid all the myths about UPSC examinations and follow only the right approaches, with dedicated study plans and strategies, you can certainly crack the UPSC exam in first attempt. Not only constant hard work and dedication matters, but also picking up the right books from a wholesome bunch of unwanted and perplexed books, isn’t a task of a novice.
Here is the list of some of the books (discounted on Amazon), that you must engulf and understand word by word before you sit for the prelims:
- Indian Polity 4th Edition by M Laxmikanth.
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh 7th Edition.
- India Since Independence by Bipan Chandra for Modern India.
- The Mega Year Book 2016 by Disha Experts for latest current affairs and general knowledge.
- A Brief History of Modern Indian by Spectrum.
- Environment by Shankar IAS.
- Spectrum’s facets of Indian Culture by Vidya.
- Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude by G Subba Rao for UPSC Mains.
- India 2016 by Publication Division, for latest current affairs and updates direct from the files of the GOI.
- Spectrum Geography by Spectrum.
- 21 Years CSAT General Studies IAS Prelims Topic Wise Solved Papers by Disha Experts for CSAT section. Amazon-india coupons help you buy these books with lots of savings.